Confessional

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brothers and sisters, we no longer own the LR3 as of earlier last month.

It's a great vehicle that we truly miss quite a bit, but that we needed to move past at this point. If the winter tires on dedicated rims that I'm already setting up for the Odyssey fail to impress Mrs. Mustbeaudi, though, we'll be shopping for another LR3 within a year . . .

With your permission, I plan to stick around this pleasant place in case there's something I might contribute in addition to my periodic meaningless banter. Besides, who could want to run from a place that grants one the title of guru (actually, very undeserved so in my case!)? LOL.

Thanks for so much information, mature conduct and high level discussion. You can't believe the apcray on the leading Odyssey forum ("Hi, I just got an Odyssey. Can someone tell me where the gas goes?") and the ignorant dribble spewing forth from some of the young-gun owners of aging Audi models. Plus, we have a great moderator here who does not get in the way of forum flow. Keep it up, folks, as you enhance the LR3 ownership experience.

P.S. Sorry I never off-roaded!

Last edited:

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all tend to make the wrong choices in life.. but hey, we learn from it and bounce back. Im sure you will :smile:

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you never got it off road so you only will miss about 1/3 of the vehicles fun factor :)

Last edited:

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey - please stick around; good to have the continuity when Mrs. MustBeAudi realizes the error of her ways. My wife was uncertain about the LR3 when we picked it up last year, but since she still had her Mini to drive she was mollified. We sold the Mini a couple of weeks ago and so far she claims she doesn't miss it...

That being said, I'm going shopping for a used 05/06 M3 this coming winter in the US (if the CAD stays within 10%-15%); can I drop you a line closer to the time?

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No more LR3 for me too

I gave my LR3 back 3-weeks ago, and I miss it too. It was a great, functional and nice to drive beast that was rugged and versatile. Huge contrast to the Cayenne GTS, which is equivalent to a GT3 SUV, very ******** and brutish.

My wife is now allowing me to use the FFRR for offroad duties, but I miss the "drive through brush with no penalties", heavier steering and cargo capacity of the LR3.

I'm sticking around because an LR4 is in my future.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you've decided to stick around, always enjoy your posts!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, Joey does a great job moderating this forum. So i read through your post thinking of course you'll still be welcome here, and then I got to the last line...never went off road. Be gone you vile poser!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4