Considering Parting Out A 2003 Discovery S

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arvaulw

Reaction score
I have silver 2003 Discovery S as my second vehicle. The Discovery has 71,000 miles. It recently sustained front-end damage. Nothing structural, but the bumper, bumper end cap, one of the headlamps, etc. requires replacement. The bill for all of this will come out to about $2,000. I did not have comp / collision coverage on the car as I used it quite infrequently. In addition, the car needs about $1,000 in maintenance. New tires, brakes, etc.

I have no interest in repairing the car. I have seen the same year / model sell for as little as $7,000 with similar mileage in good condition. So I figure, in its current state it is technically worth $4,000 or so. Obviously, a buyer would offer less since he has to invest the time / effort into fixing it up. Understood.

This leads me to my question. How much could I expect to get for the car (total) if I part it out?

The engine and transmission are fine. All body panels / doors are fine. Except for the driver's seat (which has a little tear), all the seats are fine. AC works fine, etc. The only unavailable parts would be the front bumper and one of the headlights as I mentioned above.

Dick61

Reaction score
Don't go fishing!!
If you want to sell it put it in the classified section, otherwise you have an opportunity to make a great car even better. If you don't use it very often and can afford to keep it, look at this crash (There is no such thing as a car accident) as your chance to uprate the suspension, give it a lift kit, throw the bumper bar away and put on a bull bar with winch and some good lights. You can replace the broken headlight at the breakers for a lot less than retail , replace the wheels and tyres with good off road ones and get out in the bush.
Oh and while you're at it do the brakes up so you don't Liberace someone!!
Cheers Big Ears

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If all that is wrong is the front bumper and lights... I would fix it... but that is me.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
Are you still considering parting this vehicle out or fixing it up?I might have an interest in some or all of it.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
parting out?

Are you still considering parting this vehicle out or have you changed your mind?I might be interested in some or all of it.

d.a.r.y.l

Reaction score
sorry for the double post

Sometimes I have trouble with Firefox when I'm on this site.:ahhhhh:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
d.a.r.y.l, when using firefox, the quick reply sends you to a blank page, it is a known issue with this release of forum software.

strtofdrms

Reaction score
If you do decide to part it out, let me know, I am in the market for some interior plastic parts that have gone missing for me on my 03. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax