control arm bushings -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick update:
Ford ESP is going to cover the control arms and alignment (whew). Thanks Tyrnian, the hard braking idea was a great way for me to explain to them so they could replicate.
The delay in starting issue is a TSB where they have to clean and relocate a ground something or other.
other things they found...
Leaky coolant reservoir - covered
battery leaking acid and bad negative cable - not covered
need new windshield wipers - BS, they are two weeks old!
All in all a good day, glad I got some use out of my warranty before it expires in a week :)

Well, the TSB for the relocated ground didn't fix the starting issue after all. Now that I'm out of warranty, do you suppose I'm screwed - even though it was their fault it wasn't fixed right when the warranty was valid and I brought it up? Aargh.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ethere your post is really mis-informed. First of all, not ALL LR Dealerships are crooks. ....and only one (pair) of the LR3 bushings are hydro, I belive the rear bush of the front lower control arm. Replacing the entire arm can be necessary if the owner is tardy in getting them replaced such that the bushing has gotten so worn out that there is wear in the joint and the arm can no longer retain a bush. That happens. If swapping out the whole arm is easier, it stands to reason that it may be cheaper since it's less labor. Finally, you do not have enough miles on your car with the RRS bushing to make a statement that they are any better. I've heard that the RRS is getting bushings changed at the same rate as the LR3. Of course, that information was from the Service Manager at my local LR dealer so I'm sure he's full of crap, right?

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RRS and the LR3 Armored model share the same bushing. It's made of a harder polymer and, as such, will cause more vibration transfer. They are touted to last longer...this from a better service manager at a better dealer that actually sells cars to people who actually drive them off road.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Side Project

Now....to make this more useful, it would be cool if we could put together a list of part numbers for all suspension parts used on the LR3/Armored's "uprated suspension."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635