Coolant leak...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rollguy

Reaction score
I have a coolant leak and it seems like it is coming from the back of the engine near the ignition (between the block and the firewall but close to the top of the block). Did the pressure tests for the cylinders and the block seems fine. No coolant in the oil or vice versa. I took it to two places and they both did pressure tests on the coolant system and they could not find the leak. Does anyone know what's back there that would be causing the leak? The space is to small for me to get to and I would like to know where to start.
Thanks...

Sorry... Its a 2000 Disco II

I have a 99 Disco with the same (or similar) problem. Burning coolant smell under the hood, very little coolant loss, no coolant in oil. The prevailing opinion is that the valley pan gasket is bad. Is there a recall on this? If not, mine is not under warranty, so I will need to fix it myself. Any other thoughts about the cause?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4