Cooper Zeon LTZ on LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilbert 2

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on these tires. Would like to put on the 285 60 18 but not sure about the rubbing issue. Have seen some threads on this site but would like some direct comment from people who use them on their LR3s.
Thanks for your help.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They WILL rub if you really nail the gas pulling onto a sharp turning freeway on ramp, and more often when off roading when you stuff a wheel into the wheel well.

They rub in the rear wheel well, at the 9:00 o`clock (or 3:00 o`clock on passenger side) location. The rubbing is minor, infrequent, and is not a problem...but it does happen.

You can see evidence of it at the 3:00 o`clock position in this photo here:
Sliders-Stage1-07.gif

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some rubbing too, but it's not very often. It's when I'm turning (not full lock; but amost full) and it doesn't usually heppen in off-road height. In Reverse it's more common.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

I was looking at the LR3 over the weekend and I noticed two spots where the tires rubbed. One was Left Front tire rubbed some wires that run across the wheel well. Second was Right Rear rubbing at the 3 o'clock position. Both spots, the rubbing was very mild.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will definitely want to move those wires! Any rubbing on sensor wires spells trouble. I have heard of a few people having this problem. I think it's only a very select range of VINS that the had the wire in that location and poses the problem.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will definitely want to move those wires! Any rubbing on sensor wires spells trouble. I have heard of a few people having this problem. I think it's only a very select range of VINS that the had the wire in that location and poses the problem.

Will do.

Thanks.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a search, but didn't see anything specific on whether the Zeons in 285/60/R18 rub in access mode. I'm betting they do, but figured I would ask.

The reason I ask is my wife uses access mode frequently because it is easier to put our baby in the car seat. She doesn't always remember to bump it up to normal height before driving off.

TIA,
Rich

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM