Cooper Zeon LTZ on LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a search, but didn't see anything specific on whether the Zeons in 285/60/R18 rub in access mode. I'm betting they do, but figured I would ask.

The reason I ask is my wife uses access mode frequently because it is easier to put our baby in the car seat. She doesn't always remember to bump it up to normal height before driving off.

TIA,
Rich

Rich,

I use access mode a lot and haven't seen any signs of tire rub since I moved the wires. Example; I use access mode when backing into my garage. And, stay in access mode when leaving. My driveway seems fairly steep, a friends honda scraped when parking in my driveway.

Pic

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Zeons rub in Access mode when I turn at (nearly) full lock.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use access mode everyday going into my garage. It's a sharp turn downhill at full lock to get the angle right as I come into the garage, and I have never had any issues with rubbing in the front. Only rubbing I've ever had is in the front part of the rear wheels when in Rock Crawl mode under full compression, and even then it is very slight. Hope that helps. :cool:

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. We've still got quite a ways to go on the Grabber AT2s, but I'm leaning towards a set of Zeons for our next tires.

-Rich

srownin

Reaction score
Are you guys running the coopers on 285/60/18 on the stock 18" alloy rims (10-spoke)? My install shop would not finish the install, telling me that the tires were pressing into the steering knuckle.

I am going nuts trying to figure out how my clearance could be that different from so many who seem to have done this without any problems.

Thanks,
Scott

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys running the coopers on 285/60/18 on the stock 18" alloy rims (10-spoke)? My install shop would not finish the install, telling me that the tires were pressing into the steering knuckle.

I am going nuts trying to figure out how my clearance could be that different from so many who seem to have done this without any problems.

Thanks,
Scott

yup, 286/60/18s on stock 18" 10 spoke wheels. the discount tire i went to told me they wouldn't fit. i told them to just put them on. they work fine. i did get a bit of rubbing on the wiring in the drivers wheel well when in access, but i moved it and it is fine now. getting the full spare zeon up under the truck was a different story.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warning...thread jack :hello:

First, let me say that I'm running a different tire (Nittos) in the same size, with about the same issues as everyone already listed (so nothing major).

Now for my thread-jack...where is everyone relocating that wiring harness in the driver's front wheel well to? I have tried tying it back, which just comes loose and ends up doing nothing, but there doesn't seem to be much slack in those wires to relocate them. Are you guys cutting them and adding length in order to relocate? Thanks in advance.

/thread-jack

-Paul

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people move the wire to the top of the frame instead of the side. THe clip that holds the wire to the frame moves along with it. There is another spot on top for the same clip. It's one of those 30 second fixes that makes you wonder what the factory was doing during it's multiple QA, improve the process, construcibility reviews....

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nathan. I've tried to pop that clip off, but it didn't seem to want to come out. Perhaps I just need to pull a little harder...I've found that usually works with this truck when in doubt.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I read about this fix I think to myself "I need to do that." Then, whenever I go look at my harness I see that there is simply no interference there. I run the MT/Rs which are just slightly narrower than the Coopers. I don't know if that helps or if it's just that some LR3s have it mounted slightly differently than others, but there has been NO contact with mine.

Anyone have any ideas? Could this have changed at some point in the build process or was there that much variability?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM