Crap! Weird scratching noise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

RadRocker

When I turn on my rover, it makes a weird scratching ugly noise for a while. It then goes away. I think it could be the powersteering leak causing the noise. I don't get the noise when I turn the wheel though. Just when I am driving straight. It almost sounds like the wheel is scratching on something, but that doesn't seem right either. Any ideas?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. have you recently checked your mudshields on front wheels? Bloody things are not that hard to bend.. :)

NXC1978

Reaction score
I would first try to determin whether the noise is comming from the engine compartment or elsewhere in the driveline that only moves when the Rover does like the wheels, brakes, etc. Does the noise start right when the motor is started or do you have to actually put it in drive and begin motion to hear it?

R

RadRocker

I like to light farts, but not usually in my Land Rover. I'll check the mud/heat shields on the front. I will also try to get a better feel of where the sound would be coming from.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo