Cruise Control Stopped Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

MightyMax

I was using my cruise a few weeks ago and worked fine. Last week when i went to use it, i would hit the set button and it wouldn't activate the cruise. Where would i start looking to rectify or identify the issue?

C

campbell

Not sure if this is the same on a 97, but, on my 99 D2 the brake switch went bad. It was stuck in the open position which caused the system to think the brakes were being applied. Replaced the switch and problem was fixed. You could also have cracked vacuum lines, which seem to be pretty common with Discoveries.

B

Brutus

You may want to check the vacuum lined going to your cruise actuator near your throttle linkage. They have a tendency to crack from heat. It is a common problem.

M

MightyMax

I have noticed some recent leaking from under the engine near the firewall, i haven't had time to check it out, do think this could all be related?

W

wvrover

I have same year and cruise stopped working it turned out to be a vacuum leak at brake light switch, just trimmed off bad part of hose and put it back on the switch

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the switch located. Can someone post a Pic? Is it hard to change? I'm having same problem. Is there a fuse assiciated also. My CD player went out at same time. Mark

W

wvrover

The brake switch is at the pedal take off that piece of black cardboard cover and you should be able to see it, as far as the fuse if the light comes on in the switch it should be okay, but if you want to check it is in the fuse block under steering column

B

bendrover

I have a 97 and I know for a fact my problem is all the hoses. Usually they all dry up around the same time. The replacement kit you can get at AB or other distributers.
Andrew

C

cdg

I had the same problem in my 95, but I hope your issue is the same, I had to replace my Rotary Coupler in the wheel. thats the last resort fix, it was a $400CDN part, also effects the airbag too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4