Custom Bull Bar in USA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bassist169

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I was wondering if anyone had a custom brush guard or bull bar built for their LR3/LR4 and if so who you used? I really loved the look of the simple a-bar on my old 98 disco but it seems that no one in the U.S. makes one. There is a company in Australia that makes what I am looking for but apparently shipping will be twice as much as the actual bar and thus makes it a bit ridiculous. I am including the link so you have an idea what I'm looking for but if anyone has a line on a good fabricator that can do nice work and complex mandrel bends I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
Justin

https://www.ecb.com.au/vehicle.php?...=920&SEARCH2.x=35&SEARCH2.y=14&SEARCH2=SEARCH

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing in the link you posted is a nudge bar, not a bull bar.

They're called "bull bars" because they help protect the vehicle from an animal strike; the nudge bar aint protecting you from ****.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I will be buying after my warranty is up in a couple years.

https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/3432220

I echo Ryan’s sentiment. What you are looking at there is purely decorative and serves no actual purpose.

Save the pennies and get an actual bull bar, not a bolted on piece of pipe.

Curious what makes the '14+ bull bar different than the '13- version.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I will be buying after my warranty is up in a couple years.

https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/3432220

I echo Ryan’s sentiment. What you are looking at there is purely decorative and serves no actual purpose.

Save the pennies and get an actual bull bar, not a bolted on piece of pipe.

Consider the Tactical Rovers version as well.

Mine is built like a tank, retains the factory washer reservoir location, and can be ordered with/without bull/grille bars.

Bassist169

Reaction score
Yeah, I see what you guys are saying. I suppose the one below it actually offers protection but is very similar to what is available here. I do prefer the toned down look of the nudge bar (is that synonymous with an "A-bar") and that it resembles what I had on my 98 Disco what was a genuine Land Rover stainless steel a-bar. I'm not looking for a ton of protection but something that would hold up to a fender bender better than the bumper and that would additionally allow me to mount some lights without going with a full coverage bar. I intend to do a hidden winch mount as well to keep the look rather subtle.

I would at least think that the one I posted would be far superior to the plastic OEM A-bar for the LR4 (https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/VPLAP0022OEM) as it is actually made out of metal.

Additionally its minimalistic and unobtrusive and "should" allow the parking sensors and radar detector sensors that the PO installed to remain functional.

I don't really intend to turn this one into a full off road beast as I am planning to import a defender in the next couple of years for that purpose.

Thanks for the advice so far!

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, parking sensors, headlight washer jets and option for mounting cameras and not just clipping them.

I’ll have to look into the Tactical Rover option, if it is the one I am thinking of, I wasn’t a fan...

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the ARB more than the Tactical. Yeah, the Tactical is technically "better" in that it gives a better approach angle and whatnot, but the ARB looks better (to me) and, more importantly (again, to me), is crash tested.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9