Custom Rear Bumper w/Swing Away pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the bumper is constructed these are just a few pics I took along the way. I am waiting for the Latch to arrive for the swing arm so I can paint the bumper. The latch is supposed to be here tomorrow and I intend to install and paint it tomorrow night. If all goes well I will likely install the bumper on Saturday morning and have some more pics for you guys to look at...The bumper is not finished in these pics. The sides wrap all the way forward to the wheel arch for qtr panel protection. The swing arm is on the right side and the arm matches the bends in the bumper itself. Let me know what you guys think...
IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

Added new pics several postings down!!

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome so far! I really like the hard angles. More pics and details please. Are you fab'ing this or out sourced? Any chance these will be available for sale? I would love to see a write up on the Aux fuel tank sometime too. Keep up the great work!

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not something I will mass produce. It has been custom designed and fitted by myself for my rig There are also some alterations to the frame to make it fit. The ends of the steel bumper hidden by the plastic have been altered with mount points for the new one. I also have a support strut that is added going from the side panels (not yet pictured) into the frame. Way too much labor to build another one and certainly wouldn't be cheaper then any other option commercially availble. I with the help of a friend of mine am fabbing this up. Between the two of us I bet we have 70 hours into the design/build of this bumper. More pics to come this weekend. The aux fuel tank is just a "long ranger" brand tank. Came out of Austrailia.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan,
It looks like we both has similiar ideas when we started building bumpers, box steel and STRENGTH.
Looks great, can't wait to see the finished product.

Attachments

• DSCF0058_1.jpg
    DSCF0058_1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 114

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Impressive skills Ryan. also thanks for the 'keywords' on the aux tank. This is the best write up on the tank I found: http://www.thelongranger.com.au/ta62a_tech.html May I ask how much shipping was?

I'm not really sure how much shipping was. You probably won't be able to buy one. ARB is the distributor for these in the states and mine was the guinea pig. I don't think they were interested in selling them becuase of how they affect the emmisions control system. (Anytime the aux tank is below half I get a check engine light at all times, I do have some ideas on how to solve this problem but I haven't had the time or motivation yet to do so)

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way to go Ryan! Is it OK if I show your pics to my fab guy?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo