Dambo416

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dambo416

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I'm new to LR forums, but not to Landies, having owned many over 32 years in Africa, BUT, I now have a Discovery II, 04 Model here in UK, and would like to use the heated front seats. I understand that all Disco II's were fitted with heated seats but not all were wired in depending on the vehicle spec. Mine wasn't wired up, but I do see wires under the seat coming from the cushion... so I assume it's got the heating elements.

Can anyone tell me how I can get them to work, does the wiring loom have the necessary wires and can I just fit switches, or do I need relays etc????

Please advise...

Alex

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally the wires are there, you just have to remove the window switch panel, see the plugs... get the switches and the new panel (new panel with heated seat cut outs). Plug in and your done.

Dambo416

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why Land Rover recommend ATF dextron II in the R380 gearbox as fitted to the Defender Tdi300 1996 model yet they recommoend SMX-S oil in the same R380 gearbox as fitted to the Disovery II Td5 engine ????? I thought ATF was a low viscosity and yet SMX-S is a W75 - 80 ??????????????????????

Alex

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd