Dash Guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I park my 2005 LR3 HSE on a driveway and it faces south...so it's exposed to the sun. Im worried about the fading on the dash. Does anyone have a LR3 dash guard?

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Covercraft sunshield and absolutely recommend it to anyone. The shield is rigid and stays perfectly in place using the visors. Its custom cut and dramatically helps reduce heat in the vehicle and of course protects from UV rays. I am pretty sure the part you need is a covercraft UV10928, and the pouch is a V3. I used to sell them a lot at my old parts store. Should cost around $50 or less.

http://www.covercraft.com/windshield_heat_shield.htm

just looked online, anythingauto has them for $50 free ship. if that model is in stock.
http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A1228A0A0.aspx

Last edited:

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks techboydino, sorry but what I meant was the cover that would sit on top of the dash that I can leave on all the time. I looked online at several companies but just wondering if anyone has one for their LRs..

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks techboydino, sorry but what I meant was the cover that would sit on top of the dash that I can leave on all the time. I looked online at several companies but just wondering if anyone has one for their LRs..

oh, im pickin up what your asking now. to be honest, most of those carpet/dash kits are designed for a dash thats already cracked or faded badly. most of them that i used to sell would only take away from the beautiful interior of the LR and may do more damage than the sun once applied. i would spend some good money for some interior/vinyl protectant and keep the windshield covered when parked.

This is what I use and like it a lot. I hate the greasy, glossy look on an interior.

good luck on your search. :biggrin:

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drzjoint: Unfortunately, Ive already used the orange **** in my love den....the ladies love it..and it goes great with my lavalamp :biggrin:
Techboydino..thanks for your insight. I will take your advice and get some vinyl protectant.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my $.02 doesnt go far in today's economy but hopefully gets you somewhere. if you need more help with the **** then I suggest giving Leon Phelps (the ladies man) a call.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the record... Leon Phelps CALLED me...

Shark_LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know what you are talking about - we make a leather cover for Porsche cars and it's very popular. The LR3 has the airbag in the dash - so you can't really cover off that.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was an entertaining thread. To those who came before me, thanks both for the useful links and for the light, clean fun. I had to look up Leon Phelps to remember that one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins