Dash illumination delay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so this question is mostly for the folks in the north. Lately when my lr3 is sitting out in the cold and the temp gets down to the single digits (or lower) I start the vehicle and turn on the lights. This illuminates everything on the exterior, the digital displays on the radio & and instrument cluster, however not the back lights for the gauges or dials for climate control. it seems once the vehicle warms up for a few minutes the ambient lights then work on the gauge cluster and the climate control as normal? Of course I checked the dimmer switch and it is set to full brightness. Anyone else experiene this and know of the cause and a fix before I ask the useless dealership?
Thanks!

phurley

Reaction score
The LR3 has a pretty sophisticated electrical load management system. It monitors the battery charge, desired electrical loads (switch settings), and alternator output. The CJB enables certain blocks of circuits based on the current battery charge. Interior illumination is one of the last circuits to be enabled...

40lr3

Reaction score
I have the same problem, (-30 for an overnight low in Ottawa this week) but it seems to be with the dimmer switch for the dash lights. I move the dimmer switch from full off to max illumination, and the dash lights come on. Good Luck

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9