Daytime Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A quick question:

What part of the lighting system lights up for DRLs? Is it the xenon lights?

Thanks.

Vince.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A quick question:

What part of the lighting system lights up for DRLs? Is it the xenon lights?

Thanks.

Vince.

Since there are no other lights in the xenon headlamps I would assume it is the xenons (our Touareg had bi-xenon headlamps it was the xenons that lit up, whereas my 3-series only had low beam xenons, and the daytime running lamps were actually the halogen highbeams).

-Rich

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Good to know. I'll probably pass on having the DRLs activated, since I don't want to wear the xenon lights out.

Vince.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Good to know. I'll probably pass on having the DRLs activated, since I don't want to wear the xenon lights out.

Vince.

The DRL in our Touareg ran for 4+ years without ever burning out - pretty good IMO. I'd say have them turned on if you want them turned on.

-Rich

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had this enabled by LR for Canadian driving. Unfortunately it is the Xenons that come on. I asked if they could set it up like my Audi which uses the halogen fog lights but they advised it was not an option.

vinnysca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish it were the fog lights or another small halogen that were the DRLs. I had to do this for my Prius. Rewired it so that the fog lights were DRLs. They were pretty useless as a fog light anyway. But, the LR3's foglights are the BOMB! They really enhance the road.

Vince.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo