Dead Disco :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I

itchesrmytype

Hi Their I have an issue with my Disco this morning. I was diving my disco to work then I stop by a gas station about 25miles away from home. I was parking at the gas station with my engine still running. then all of suddenly when disco shuts off. I tried to restart it a couple times but no luck.

all my electrical are running I can hear my starter cranking. I check my fuses I thought it might have been one. but no luck their my ignition wire and spark plugs are still good. could it be that I have a bad MAF?

Help Please if I can fix it myself then I would I don't want to take my disco to the dealer and get killed their.

96 disco 105250miles
tune up at 85

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel pump.

Why are you leaving your engine running while filling up?

I

itchesrmytype

no i just pull up to the gas station and i had it on neutral 5spd disco for about 4mins then my disco shut off on its own. before i had the chance to turn it off?

Really Fuel pump? or can it be Fuel pump realay

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Have someone listen in the back while turning on the key, also listen in the passenger side floor board near the firewall..

I would bet on the fuel pump or wiring going to it..... They do corrode and can cause issues.

I

itchesrmytype

hi their thnxs for the help ...lucky me it turns out that i just blow a relay and fuse under the driver side. thnxs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM