Defender 90 (Td5) Fuel Pump and ECU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

defendermad

Reaction score
Hi,
Just in need of some advice. My Defender recently cut out while driving and the LR dealer fitted a new fuel pump (apparently in the fuel tank). However 50 miles later, the engine cut out again, just like the first time. When returned to the garage, 2 more pumps were fitted ( I didn't have to pay for these), both of which failed to work, when tested by the garage. After some weeks and further diagnosis, the garage informed me that an engine module (ECU) needed to be fitted. This was replaced and programmed. It is now working fine but I wonder if the fuel pump really needed replacing in the first palce, and was it this module that was really in need of replacing. Although I wonder would I have been able to travel that 50 miles after the 1st pump was fitted if the ECU was in need of repair. A fuel test indicated that there was no contamination in the fuel. This cost me a lot of money. Would appreciate any advice.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112