Differences between a Discovery 4 from Mex and an US LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, Ive been doing research on this since i was considering importing to US from Mexico a motorcycle BMW Nine T, since is a motorcycle its a different but similar road, however is an extense paperwork / process / mods needed to meet compliance. From my perspective the easiest path is, sell the one in Mex - buy one in US.

Screw thje DMV **** organization and register vehicles and bikes by AAA. Pop in a MPH speedo. Last told bikes and vehicles must have 7,500 plus miles then considered used vs under ant taxed differently.

You might want to consider a 49 state bike vs a Kalifornia only bike with their not so friendly state of tune, more crap, leaner running (if tnbat's possible) resulting in lower Hp with surging throttle response.
They will have to **** me several times over before i'm ever forced to not ride and sell my 76 R90s, the real 90s BMW, R90/6, R75/5, R27, 850 Nortons (RHS only), Matchless 500 & 600 thumpers, XL350R and XL600R Honda's 49 state bikes and state of of tune. One LR is enough, twelve bikes not enough.....~~=o&o>.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM