Disco 2 hubs on a Disco 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the front and rear wheel hubs from a D2 fit a D1? Any reason why i can't redrill D1 hubs to D2 bolt circle? With a Bridgeport mill and a rotary i can index and drill, it's no problem. What's the wheel offset on the 8" alloy wheels from the D2 vs the 7" on D1? I want to run 255 tires. Carl........o&o>...............

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not get 15x8 wheels in the right bolt pattern for a DII, and run 255's on them?

Seems like a lot of work with potentially catastrophic results versus a few hundred bucks.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D2 rims on a D1 hubs

Moose your crossed up, i want to fit the wider 8" D2 rims (16x8) on a D1 vehicle that has (16x7) standard and run 255/65HR16 tires. The D2 has a smaller bolt circle. Redrill a smaller bolt circle between the old studs (removed). This would be stronger and better than adapter plates. ....o&o>..

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stronger?

Moose, redrilling the bolt circle on the hubs would be better than adding adapter plate for the D2 wheel bolt circle, this is common on axle flanges. Wheel adapter plates if they are so good why are they banned from any sanctioned race track? I believe they are illegal in europe. Did you mean that i stated the D2 rim is stronger than the D1 rim? No, just want a alloy rim that's 8" vs the 7" and go to a wilder 255 tire and gain a wider stance. Carl.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
beemer said:
Moose your crossed up, i want to fit the wider 8" D2 rims (16x8) on a D1 vehicle that has (16x7) standard and run 255/65HR16 tires. The D2 has a smaller bolt circle. Redrill a smaller bolt circle between the old studs (removed). This would be stronger and better than adapter plates. ....o&o>..
Oops I messed that up, I meant to say, why not get 15x8 or 16x8 wheels in the D1 bolt pattern and save a lot of work?

S

SteveA

Here's a thought...why not just run a 255 tire on your stock 16X7 wheel? The 94,95 and 97 D90s used a 265 series tire on a 16X7 wheel. They were fitted with 265/75 R16 BFG MudTerrain tires from the factory. These will fit a stock D1 with only minor rubbing at full lock.

Just my $0.02 worth

Stephen

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you can always fit slightly wider tire on smaller rim :) Works pretty cool on offroad

However 265x75x16 wont fit stock D1 without lovely cutting and they will be not very happy offroad without at least 1-2" lift. Then again - Carl isnt driving those offroad, so i dont think he would care about all the maxing out.

Last edited:

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What and why

Steve, this is a stock height street vehicle, front springs are stock, rear are P J's plus 30% in stiffness at stock height. 260% stiffer front bar, 190% rear bar. I'm not building a Honda low rider race car. I want the tire stance like the D2's on a 95 D1. 255 on a 7" rim is a no no in my book. Aftermarket alloy or steel wheels wouldn't look stock hence fitting the 8 x16 Rover rims. Carl.
.....o&o>..........

M

marc olivares

seems like an awfull waste of time,
why don't you just buy a 16x8 (5 on 6.5) wheel?
put those flight benies to work, they are all over the UK.
yes, after market wheels that are identical in appearence to stock wheels.

and why your flying there you can tell every one on the plane that they can rest assured, cuz' there's an A&P on the plane. oh, and while your there, why don't you bring us back some of that room temp. Bottingtons nothing like a nice beer while working on the rover, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9