Disco 2 hubs on a Disco 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beer, wheels

Marc, sorry this may disappoint you but the last three times i've been over in England the beer was served cold. With only four beers in an hour, your wasted as the alcohol content is like three times of California beer. On The D2 wheels i've got a set of D2 8 x 16 on hold for $100. Soon as i find out they will fit i'll buy them, shipping from British Columbia will be intresting.....o&o>...

S

SteveA

Carl,

I must be confused, or maybe I missed something. The 94-97 D90s came with alloy wheels that were the same design that also were on the same years of Discoverys. It was a 16X7 wheel that Land Rover called "Freestyle." So if you aren't looking for an aftermarket wheel, this seems like a good choice. As far as tire size, I know the Discovery I came with a 235/70-16 tire while the D90 came with a 265/75-16, but these different tires were mounted on the SAME wheel.

I guess my question is if Land Rover thinks it's OK to mount a 265 tire on a 16X7 wheel then what's wrong with mounting a 255 tire?

I'm sure it's possible to make the D2 wheel fit, but I just have to wonder why you would want to go through all the trouble.

Stephen

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
345 on 7"

Steve, the 255 would look like a balloon on 7" with less sidewall control, to get a even footprint the air pressure must be lowered. Great for offroad, not on the street. A 345 will fit on 7", how will the tread wear at 32 psi? Thats an extreme example only but you will see this on the street with a monster truck Toyota. Carl.........o&o>.........

S

SteveA

How much different would a 255 series tire look on a 7" wheel than the larger 265 that came on the D90? The 265/75 fittment on a D90 doesn't look like a baloon (it's on a 16X7 wheel--NOT a 16X8). Obviously the BFG Mud TA that was a factory fit on the D90 was more off-road biased, but it did reasonably well on the street.

Once again, I don't understand why you think it would be bad to fit a 255 tire on the same wheel that Land Rover thinks it's OK to fit a 265 tire. I think that if a 265 will fit than a 255 should fit just fine.

Is the 255 tire you are wanting to use somehow wider than a 265/75 BFG MudTA?
Stephen

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9