Disco+Ford=LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

disco1

ColeCam.....VW have looked at the versatility of the horse, but have come up with a better prototype.

Attachments

• vw off roader prototype.JPG
    vw off roader prototype.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 57

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to admit...that is some serious ground clearance.

R

Roland

Capthook, Disco1, MightyMax,

How right you are ! I can call myself a real Discophile and would have really liked to like the LR3, but even after THREE long testdrives - one over an army test track used for tanks - I have finally made up my mind and stick to my current Disco II. I just hope it will last forever.

Mind you the LR3 performed admirably but it lacks a couple of things I really want to have in a Land Rover and compared to the latest DII it's just plain ugly looking from the outside as well as inside and it has no CHARISMA whatsoever.

IMHO I expect the Range Rover Sport to outsell the LR3 by a wide margin: good looking design - inside and out - , same technology offroad plus much better onroad handling. Why should anybody without the need for seven seats go for an LR3?

Roland

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was next to a Saturn VUE in my Disco the other day and coulda sworn it was a LR3...bwwwaaahaaaaa. I think they are very ugly...Make mine an 04 Disco II!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90