DISCO II cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

achakra

Reaction score
Any suggestions on this problem: Cruise control started losing speed. Still, you could increase speed but it will lose it again gradually. Checked all lines on the pump and vacuum diaphram, no cracks or leaks. Tried to use it again few days later and now it is totally dead. The light on the switch comes on. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
I had the same problem, was a vacuum tube just around the diaphragm, the hose had a pin whole leak in it on the underside right where it bends

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a vacuum leak to me... change all the lines and check the diaphragm.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue,

"you could increase speed but it will lose it again gradually. Checked all lines on the pump and vacuum diaphram, no cracks or leaks. Tried to use it again few days later and now it is totally dead. The light on the switch comes on. Your suggestions will be appreciated."

I did have a crack and I did fix it, but its still the same. Is thr a way to check if the vacuum pump is working?

qwe111

Reaction score
Hi,

Findout which pin is the vacuum pomp power and vacuum valve (resistance pump is around 5-10 ohm and valve ~100 ohm). Put 12 V on both and the car shoud give max power, then relaise voltage on vacuum pump and the gas should be stable if not you have a gas leak if yes something else is bad. Then check the cruise control ECU these are getting quite often defect. See also www.ecu-rc.com they can repair these amplifiers and can also help with diagnose your system.

Goodluck

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no vacuum pump on a disco two.

but most likely take off the hose and you will see a split.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4