Disco Upgrades (Wife got upset)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ares said:
But, from my 10y experience in marriage: Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

LOL, isn't that the truth.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If I don't have anything going on, I may take you up on th Feb 26 trip... never been much of a camper though... Navy man... sailing always seemed more fun the digging into the dirt :)

As far as the air intake, I did that because I already have the exhaust, so I figured to let her breath better.... then when I do the ECU upgrade she should run nicely... no drag racing, just looking for a little extra and don't mind spending a little money to do things right.... at least till I tear her down in a few years for an upgrade :)

Water crossings should be to big and issue. I figure one day to install a snorkel and just remove the air filter to plug in the snorkel.... all should be well then.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey, what kind of mileage are you getting with the intake and exhaust? Mine went to **** after just the intake and I'm thinking of going back to the airbox but then its gonna be a pain to mount the resovoir somewhere else.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Currently with a 2" lift 245-75-16 AT Revo tires... RTE Sliders, Cold Air Intake, headers and exhuast.

I average around 16.5 to 17 MPG on the highway...

around 14 around town.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is bone stock, and I can only dream of getting that mileage, whats the secret...I get 12/14 going downhill in neutral

Ares

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, no caves in Kansas. No trees for that matter. I grew up in Hutchinson, KS back in the 80s and there were a couple of good spots, but the town has expanded so much that they are all occupied. The Ark river had some good wheeling spots. SE KS was good for offroading.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Cole,

No secret that I know of... I have what I listed, plus running Magnacore 8mm wires and good plugs (been running champion, but changed to Autolite double platnium - no change in fuel economy). Synthetic oils through out the vehicle. I run 70 - 75 on the interstate (speed limit is 70 in WV) and I run it hard off the highway (not off road) when in a hurry, which is most of the time. I enjoy listening the to almost straight exhaust... :)

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, mileage isn't too big of a deal, my wife only drives maybe 60 miles a week, and we don't really take it on long trips ....we take it out to our ranch about once a month, the land rover doesn't get a great deal of heavy use..should last a while though, I hope. I just drive the hell out of my quadcab.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ares said:
Which reminds me Joey. We are planning another trip to Natural Bridge/Red River Gorge on 2/26. Tentatively, we are planning on getting there around 9-11a and wheeling till dark, then camp, then wheel out of the woods and go home. Here is the campsite. Its a cave that you can drive the trucks into and set up tents. Should be a blast. I probably wont take the kids cause some of the cliffs are spooky. It would be a good trip to test out those sliders!
Can you PM with where that cave is? I'm going to be camping and wheeling in Natural Bridge / RRG area in August and absolutely MUST see that area...

Thanks!

Andy

Ares

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe its called Stumps Cave. I will try to get the coordinates for you and directions. That trip was the first time I was out there and cant spit out the details on the directions. But, I will try to get them either after this trip or before. It definitely was a fun trip and cant wait to get back out there 2/26.

Heres a shot of a ridge we drove up on the way out. You cant tell from the pic, but it dropped about a couple hundred feet off either edge of the rock trail. And Im talking pretty much straight down.

Attachments

• DSC02081.JPG
    DSC02081.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 75

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM