Disco2 sunroof drain tubes good outcome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Disco: purchased used with small headliner droop over passenger's right shoulder. I have 2 sunroofs. This spring we had heavy rains and my overhead map tray got wet. I was expecting trouble, lots of trouble. I used an air pressure hose and blew out the trays. some vegetable matter flew out but I couldn't see much else. I did not blow air down the drain tubes as high pressures could uncouple the drain hose from the tray. Next I poured a quart of water into the tray on the left and it all ran quickly out the bottom. On the right side though, the tray ran slowly then more quickly and finally full speed. I got down off the ladder to look and found a pile of sand below the drain tube. Then I remembered it was a Florida car. The right sided obstruction was probably the cause of the headliner droop on the right side. Thanks for all the posts. Saved me a bundle for sure.

Attachments

• Landrover drain flush yields sand1.jpg
    Landrover drain flush yields sand1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72