discovery 2002

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjacks16

Reaction score
I was looking at buying a 2002 Disco and i remember reading something about the locker differential was messed up on that year or even absent i can't recall. I was wondering if anyone had read the same or if there is anything else i should look out for for this year.

Thanks in advance

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 Disco II doesn't have the locking center diff at all. Other MYs have it but its not wired up.

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at buying a 2002 Disco and i remember reading something about the locker differential was messed up on that year or even absent i can't recall. I was wondering if anyone had read the same or if there is anything else i should look out for for this year.

Thanks in advance

Go for an 2004 it's the best year for the series 2.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
All D1's i.e. 94 - early 99 have locking center Diff
D2's may or may not have it.
99 - early 01's have it, but no connection to the locking nut
02 - mid 03 do not have it
mid 03 have it but no connection
04 have it and connected.

bjacks16

Reaction score
on the 01's and 03's how much is involved in hooking it up? sorry to ask so many questions but really looking forward to purchasing one and the 01's and 03's are alot more common than the early models around where i live

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the 01's and 03's how much is involved in hooking it up? sorry to ask so many questions but really looking forward to purchasing one and the 01's and 03's are alot more common than the early models around where i live

They are expensive. If your handy you can make your own. There are a bunch of home made cdl's on the web. But to answer your question they are not hard to install.

bjacks16

Reaction score
i found the fix for the 01's, but i was curious if i can tell if the transfer case has the ****** required just by looking because i'm sure the seller isn't going to appreciate me breaking out the ratchet set to tell

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Passenger side you have to kind of feel for the nut best thing to do is go look at a D1 and see how the linkage connects and then you will know where to look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge