Discovery 97 Lift Kit Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rancholapalma

Reaction score
Hi to everyone,
i want to lift my disco 2", it's a 1997 SE7 with no modifications other than a roof rack, I want to be able to fit Mud Terrain tires, and make it a little bit higher. I've been reading that above 2" i might encounter all kinds of problems with steering and diferential issues, so i just want to stay safe and just do a 2" lift.
Can someone help me with direct link (s) on where to buy all the necessary parts that i need, shocks, spacers and springs? I read a little bit here and there but it's all kinda confusing and i don't know what exactly to get. I don't think i want to go for a cheap lift if it's not gonna work, but also not the most expensive one, just a regular one that will give me a good 2" lift and be able to fit my tires.
Also, is this something i can probably do myself?

thanks for reading this and your help in advance

David

L

llesra

a 2" lift shouldnt cause any problems with your disco other than more wondering in the steering. youll learn to live with it or you can buy new arms to deal with it. a lift wouldnt cause differential issues, big tires will do that. look at www.rovertym.com for your springs and shocks. they have great stuff and customer service rocks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Arsell, you can also check with http://www.greatbasinrovers.com/ they took very good care of me. (that doesn't mean I am saying not to buy from Rovertym, just check all the options.)

rancholapalma

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Joey and Arsell,
I looked at the Rovertym site and i see there is 2 types of 2" Lift, the Suspension Lift and the Body Lift, although i obviosly understand the differences between them, i wonder which one i need? which is better? what are the driving differences? should i just get the body lift? or should i go for the suspension lift?

thanks again
David.

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres my 2 cents...

I would go for the suspension lift, alot more practical. Sometimes just a body lift could make your rig look like a wet dog. Plus there is the seperation between the body and frame which looks abit wierd.

:)

L

llesra

just doing the body lift would make your disco really tippy when you make turns or do off camber things and a 2" gap between the body and bumper is ugly. go for the suspension lift.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge