Do we like the Black package on Corris Grey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmosley

Reaction score
LR4 finally on its way to the US

I got the first pictures of my LR4 prior to it being shipped to the port. Should dock in the US on 28 May, then it's just a matter of how long it will take to get moved to LA from there.

Attachments

• Capital 035.JPG
    Capital 035.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Capital 036.JPG
    Capital 036.JPG
    457.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Capital 037.JPG
    Capital 037.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Capital 038.JPG
    Capital 038.JPG
    371.9 KB · Views: 62

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Looks great. June 14 can't get here soon enough. And you will be heading into Summer when you can ... Oh, wait, you're in So Cal. It's always summer there. ;-)

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great... the new tails look great with the grey and black pack!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is it coming into the US? I believe mine is being shipped directly to LA. Is yours landing somewhere else due to it being a military sale?

Gmosley

Reaction score
I think it is docking somewhere on the east coast. For the past month I have been trying to get good status on the vehicle since I new it was built, paid for and moved to the dealer for shipment prep. I now think that because this is a military sales order it is handled differently than when you order through a stateside dealer. I thought it would go straight from the manufacturer to a ship and on to the dealer I specified to pick it up at in LA. Looks like it had to go to the dealer in the UK that the order was processed through, and then they arrange the shipment to the US. The reason I was given for the long delay in getting it to the port was the high demand for RR and LR4 in the US and China and there has been a lack of actual transport trucks to get them to the ports. The plan now is to work with the military sales rep at LR USA to try and get the onward shipment to LA expedited once it arrives. I hope that works since we have built some family travel plans around the LR4 being in LA by 14 Jun, but NLT 1 Jul. It was finally just good to actually see the vehicle!

Gmosley

Reaction score
So I was wrong about where they were shipping my LR4 to. I have been tracking it since it left England and it should dock today at Port Hueneme in CA. Once it clear customs the US LR rep will help expedite shipment down to the LA dealer. Not sure how long it takes to clear customs, but we arrive in LA in two weeks so I have mu fingers crossed that they can get it down to the dealer before 14 Jun. Can't wait to take possession of it. I did have some interesting e-mail exchange with the dealership I am picking it up from. They insisted that I had to pay CA sales tax if I wanted to drive it off the lot. I told them that everything I read about sales tax in CA pertained to purchasing a good in CA. I purchased the vehicle and paid for it overseas and am merely picking it up in CA so I can drive it to my home of residence in IL where I will pay taxes and register. It took about a week before they came back and said I was right, no sales tax required and they will give me a 30 day tag so I can drive it and get it registered.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll be at the dealer's lot early next week waiting for you. Customs usually clears these shipments before they even dock to port, and Port Hueneme is just a short hour or two drive up the coast from here in L.A. Unless the dealer is backed up doing PDIs, expect a call next week that your car is ready. Mine arrived to Oxnard on a Tuesday, and I picked her up on Sunday (Land Rover Encino.)

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I echo what Umberto said. Mine was checked into LA on Thursday, the 16th and was at the dealership in Denver the next Thursday ready to buy and drive. You should be good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635