Do you use CCFL headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickcaraux

Reaction score
Have any of you used Oracle light CCFL Halo Kit? I'm finally thinking of modifying my headlights with something a bit different. Saw halo kits on 4wheelonline here h ttp://4wheelonline.com/oracle-headlight-ccfl-halo-kit-land-rover.253077 I'd appreciate any feedback on them. Thanks.

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Circuit-on-board (COB) led rings. They are cheap and very bright. Order and extra set as spare. I had one die in the 1st week, but been solid since. 100mm in the headlights, 80mm in the fogs:

20150203_122212.png

20150201_153304.png

100% brightness (get a DRL controller to dim 50% when headlights are on)
20150412_205736.jpg

~35,000 Lumens
20150412_205708.jpg

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morris....ever taken that thing on a "night run" off-roading?

nickcaraux

Reaction score
Those look like very bright off road lights. I see you got a lot of them. I'll check them out, thanks for the suggestion.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES - This Friday is the land rover Uwarrie Safari in NC. There is always an organized night ride. Wheeling at night is a very different experience. Its tough to shoot pics or video at night, so never seem to have may good shots:

DSC_8076.jpg

If I were to do the LED rings again, I would only do the headlights OR the fog lights.
IMHO - My headlights look much better than the 2010-14 LR4 DRLs. Criminal how much LR charged people to turn those on.
photo-5.jpg

The fog lights are 100x easier to do than the headlights - no baking required to open them. I still might have to move the fog light rings to the offroad lights circuit to pass state inspection.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Circle On Board lights?

Do you have a link for these COB lights?

I have not heard of the term previously, but they sure look bright in the day time. You said that they are LED but they do not look to be any sort of LED I have previously seen. I guess I have not seen much up here but snow drifts - noticed a few today still on the north slopes where the sun does not yet shine for a month or so yet.

I was thinking just for the fog lights - the headlights are as you said, just too much work plus we have DRL's up here so one does not want to fool around too much.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271607493358
80mm for the fogs.

COB (Chips on Board) , is a new technology of LED format for LED light diods. Multiple LED chips are packaged together as one lighting module. When it light up, it looks like a single continuous lighting panel..

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chips on Board

Thanks for the link - Chips on Board, that is new to me.

I was looking again at the pictures above of your 3. It certainly appears very well equipped and looks very neat and clean at the same time - the mods are well thought out.

It sounds like you did some major changes to the infotainment system as well?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM