Does D2 mirror fit a D1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

montanablur

My aouto dimming mirror is now half dark half light and since I have to replace it, I thought it would be nice to have the D2's since it has the map lights... Any info much appreciated...

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me mr Picky, but i dont understand obsession with autodimming mirrors :) I had one and it did terrible job. Old school flipping switch works much better. And it will cost you like 10$ to get wide good mirror that will cover all the blind spots as well as usual ones, as oppose to spending like couple hundreds on autodimming new one.. Just my 0.02$

M

montanablur

More than anything its the map lights... But otherwise I would have to agree with you...

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah.. :)

I for some reason thought that all disco came with lights right above mirror. Not sure if they are map lights but they looks likes it to me ...

You can actually pick up bolt-on map lights even with small digital compass in your local walmart me thinks.. Or was it NAPA store.. Its attaching to regular mirror and been like 25$ or something..

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I am the crazy one then, but when it goes bad, just contact the company that made it and ask them to send you a new one... all you have to do is explain in an email what year make and model of Rover you have and what the issue with the mirror is and they will send you and new one....

New Mirror

M

montanablur

Joey,

Really! Who do I contact Land Rover? That's the best news I've heard...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Just click on the link that I put in the New mirror spot on my reply above....

http://www.donnelly.com/contactus.asp

Donnelly is the company that makes the rear view mirror for the Land Rovers. They will replace them free of charge.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Joey Thank you Soooo much!!!! Mine has done the same thing as Montanablur. You are so wonderful!!!

M

montanablur

Donnelly has to be one of the greatest customer service companys out there. Replacement, with super fast shipping free of charge... The stealer wanted $300 for a replacement...

Now to the problem... The mount is fine, but when I removed the mirror the connector was under the plastic light and swith mount... Fishing it out revealed what looks like three different connectors, I should mention that I don't have a sunroof, my question is which one works for the mirror?

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72