Does the D2 have a fuel filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
Does the D2 have a fuel filter? If not should it, worth cutting the fuel line and putting one on? What would be a good size?

C

Cozmo

From what a tech at the local dealership told me once the DII has a fuel filter in the fuel tank.

Muddyone

Reaction score
Ha, very convenient, wonder if its still worth putting one in then?

D

discomike

Tom,
Both the D1` and D2 have socks in the tank and a good fuel filter would sure be a good idead on a D2, any thing you can do to keep crap out of the injectors is a plus.
Mike J.

Muddyone

Reaction score
Any idea on size mike, I wouldn’t want to get one that would be too small and restrict the fuel to the engine?

D

discomike

I think the size has more to do with length of use and more filter area than fuel pressure. For the most part I would say get a good size filter that has the same size fittinga as the fuel line you are going to cut into.
Mike J.

D

discomike

If you crawl under from the drivers side in front of the rear wheel, look across to the right front corner of the fuel tank, you'l see 2 fuel lines coming from the tank. You will need to ask a mechanic which one to tap into, one is a return line.
Mike J.

Muddyone

Reaction score
Mike I don’t know how you know so much, I swear it amazes me!
Thanks

D

discomike

I went out and checked mine before I got back to you, I BS a little , I am lucky aa little and the rest I got from working as a service writer for along time.
Thanks,
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72