Donor vehicle needed for rear bumper prototype in Utah

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iron oak

Reaction score
With Kaymar no longer shipping to the U.S., a metal rear bumper with tire swing out is no longer really available.

I had contacted Expedition One in Utah about a possible rear bumper with swing out for the LR4 and they advised me that while they don't currently make one, they would be willing to if a donor vehicle was provided so they could design one.

Expedition One makes some really good quality bumpers and anyone in the UT area who would be willing to do this should contact them below.

If I were closer, I would do this but unfortunately, I am not. I hope someone will step up to the plate and get this rolling.

Here's their website exp-one.com
Contact email [email protected]

Spread the word. Let's get this going so we can have a rear bumper option with swing out that doesn't require vasts amount of modification to install.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Expedition One rear bumper on my JK with the Swing Away. Good product. Never had any issues out of it. Actually was sent the wrong mounting part for the wheel and they shipped me one very quickly, easy to work with and good service.

Iron oak

Reaction score
Good to hear. Precisely why Id love to see an option for our rigs.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in this. I'll be in for a bumper if this pans out.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope someone does this, as it would open up another option. I know Eric at Tactical 4x4 has wanted to fit his LR3 rear bumper to an LR4 for a little while - he emailed me, but I already had the Kaymar.

I checked with the one guy I know in SLC, but he doesn't want a steel bumper for his LR4.

When I'm in UT, I'm too far south (Hildale) and I don't typically take my LR4 there.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked with the one guy I know in SLC, but he doesn't want a steel bumper for his LR4.

I take it weight is a concern for him?
Is aluminum an option, are other bumpers currently offered in aluminum?

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope someone does this, as it would open up another option. I know Eric at Tactical 4x4 has wanted to fit his LR3 rear bumper to an LR4 for a little while - he emailed me, but I already had the Kaymar.

Yeah. The Tactical 4x4 guys contacted me and said they were waiting to hear back from you. Of course I knew you had gone with the Kaymar.

BTW, I am getting mixed messages from ARB and Kaymar. As it was the dealer was able to fix my bumper after replacing a couple of the brackets I broke so I don't need to do something more drastic yet. I would rather put my money (and the additional weight) into something else at this time. I'll try to wait a couple years on the bumper and let someone else work the kinds out. :biggrin:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. The Tactical 4x4 guys contacted me and said they were waiting to hear back from you. Of course I knew you had gone with the Kaymar.

BTW, I am getting mixed messages from ARB and Kaymar. As it was the dealer was able to fix my bumper after replacing a couple of the brackets I broke so I don't need to do something more drastic yet. I would rather put my money (and the additional weight) into something else at this time. I'll try to wait a couple years on the bumper and let someone else work the kinds out. :biggrin:
Hey Dan,

From what I heard from a local rover club member, Kaymar is OK with sending a rear bumper to the US, but shipping is almost $600.00. There are no US distributors to buy or support the bumpers. As for ARB, they don't sell directly to the public anyway, you have to go through a distributor. CarID, 4Wheel Parts, etc. carries the front ARB for the LR4.

I actually e-mailed Eric at Tactical 4x4 back and told him a couple club members are interested in getting the LR3 bumper fitted, though it does require some modifications - especially since they want their rear parking sensors to work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635