door lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelman

Reaction score
My door lock has been hard to turn lately and the other morning when it froze up due to low temp the lock broke and my key turns freely left to right in the driver's side door lock. I took the panel off and it seems the round plastic piece on the backof the lock is broken because it fell off when I touched it. I was told it should be locked under the c clip at the back of the lock. I need to know if the plastic piece comes with a new lock and door assembly or does it come with the rod part it is attached to inside the door? Can I buy the plastic piece separately or do I have to purchase the complete unit. I can get a used lock assembly but I do not know if the round plastic piece is included. Does anyone have a diagram of these parts? thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Diagram is in the RAVE Manual if I remember correctly. I would either call Will Tillery (roverguy.com) or call nathan in my signature.

rebelman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I went to Pull A Part and found the parts I needed. The rear of the key lock in the door has two plastic pieces, one on top of the other attached to a rod. I fixed it and eveything is working fine now but it still seems the key is a little hard to turn to the left when locking the doors from the driver's side. I did spray some white grease on the inside of the the mechanism, rods, etc and put graphite inside the lock but still seems a little hard to turn. I imagine it has something to do with the adjustment of the rods but for now it works. Thanks for your reply.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo