DRL activation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek Reid

Reaction score
I decided I wanted to activate the DRL Standard function via my IIDTOOL for my 2013 LR4 HSE. After learning the differences between DRL Standard, DRL Canadian and DRL Scandinavian, I expected to see my Low Beam headlights to come on when I took the transmission out of Park without having to touch the Headlight control. My first goal was to just get my Signature LED lights to turn on and not have any other running lights turned on. Apparently, this is not possible. However, I got the following fault. See image. Does anyone know if I need a different headlamp? I am aware that I can install Xenon Headlamps but haven't seen any reference to DRL and Xenon. I have seen the YOUTUBE video from "powerfulukltd" on activating DRL's but his LR4 is a UK model and he has the Headlamps for a 2014
model I believe.
LR4 DRL fault.png

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am guessing here, my thought is that the Signature lights in the '13 are wired to the same pin as the marker lights, and there's not pin set for separate DRLs. Further guessing, the reason it works fine on 2014 is that the Signature light DOES have a separate pin. So if there's nothing there. it'd be an open circuit.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, the only way to make the LEDs work as DRL is to make modifications to the light housings. There's a thread on the UK forum https://www.disco4.com/forum/ where it's been done.

I thought about it, but then thought the easier method if I really wanted to go down this route would be to find a set of 2014+ light housings and fit them to my 2012.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, the only way to make the LEDs work as DRL is to make modifications to the light housings. There's a thread on the UK forum https://www.disco4.com/forum/ where it's been done.

I thought about it, but then thought the easier method if I really wanted to go down this route would be to find a set of 2014+ light housings and fit them to my 2012.

Tangent, but I'm really amazed at how much the newer headlights update the look of the car. Biggest issue I've seen is that you lose the pass-to-flash feature, although I can't recall the last time I used it anyway.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4