Dynamic Stability Control saved us yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trailering my boat home from the lake yesterday with my family, driving the 65 mph speed limit when a #%^# yahoo pulled out right in front of us after stopping at the intersection of two US highways. My choice was to t-bone his Toyota Matrix or run my rig off of the road. I swerved to the right onto the gravel shoulder, missing his rear fender by only about 2 feet, and then struggled to correct my fish-taiiling rig in the loose gravel. Thank G_d for my LR3's DSC. We pulled to a stop with about a quart of adrenalin in our veins and I watched that **** in my side mirror drive away from us as if nothing had happened. I did have the satisfaction of having found the horn for a solid blast, and I wager the other guy needed a change of underwear after getting an up-close and personal view of my ARB bull bar on his elbow. I'm very thankful for the technology that kept my shiny side up and also that my boat trailer, straps and hitch all functioned per plan. My family and I owe our lives to that DSC system. Good to know it really works. And thankful to still be here.

Last edited:

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you and your family are safe despite what that bonehead did..

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you are ok and the tech worked. Just remeber this day the next time the dash lights up with warning lights about some odd gremlin ;-)

It just occurred to my, life most be hard and very dangerous for all the stupid people.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great story. Glad to hear you're in good standing. Makes me even more happy to be driving and LR3.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to hear.

Yes, that DSC works well. Take your rig out in a snowy parking lot this fall and try to fishtail 'er. You can't. Then try it again with DSC turned off to see all it is doing for you. Amazing.

V1ct0rylap

Reaction score
Nice defensive driving with the use of the DSC. More importantly, nobody got hurt! Ditto on angasreid reply "happy to be driving an LR3"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99