eBay keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbrunson

Reaction score
Hi all... Forgive me for posting about this again, but I need the Land Rover experts on here to help :smile:

I am thinking about buying a blank key fob on eBay. They are around $100. Links:

Link one

Link two

The dealer said they could program them (as long as they have an ID number) for $50. This would save me about $50-60 by not buying the key from the dealer. I emailed both sellers on eBay, and was told the dealer didn't need the number. First-- has anyone bought a key like this on eBay? Second-- should I just spend the extra money to get it from the dealer and have the peace of mind knowing what I get will work?

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your truck. I bought 2 of them few years ago for $10 bucks each on e-bay for a 98 disco. They did not have the remote on the key though. If you do get keys remember that they are steel and not everyone will cut them for you. Hell L/R in Milford CT told me that they dont make keys there. Go figure

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will be cheaper then going to the dealer, make sure it comes with the appropriate code number so you can then have the dealer program the new FOB to your truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM