Ebony interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool. i guess its a black interior for me. thanks everyone.

Earing2008

Reaction score
Sounds like a 50/50 split :) I have the ebony and I agree blue jeans can stain the seats but I clean them ~monthly with leather cleaner and conditioner and it seems to keep them looking new. In general though ebony should hide dirt a little better between cleanings. Just my 2 cents.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 06 has the ebony interior, and honestly it's held up great. You do have to take care of them, or they will start to show cracks etc. I have 103k miles on this truck currently, and the seats look great.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CoMclovin what will show cracks? The seats??? I've used Vinylex leather products on them from day 1 and they look brand new. 97.5k miles

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input everyone. I will go looking for vinylex...

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CoMclovin what will show cracks? The seats??? I've used Vinylex leather products on them from day 1 and they look brand new. 97.5k miles

Houm_WA, yes the seats. It's probably more likely in an area with a lot of sun/heat, but I've seen some horrible seats on CPO's at the local dealership, where the previous owner hadn't taken care of the leather at all. A bit of standard maintenance goes a long way. I'll check out Vinylex, I've never used their products before. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh yeah....WA state....the "WA" in HOUM_WA. It was 66 degrees where I live yesterday and THAT felt like a warm day. Plus my LR3 lives in the garage when it's not being driven.

So I guess my experience is not a good litmus test at all...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM