Eco mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KurleeGurl

Reaction score
My LR4 2014 is having issues with the ECO mode.
It is not working, and the light is more often than not on, displaying eco mode no available.
Now I've read where a lot of folks don't care for this feature at all. I've read how to bypass this mode altogether. My question is this. Why is this light on? Why isn't this function available to me? Do I need to take it in for service? I read somewhere to do a hard reset. Will that void any extended warranty? If not, how simple a procedure it?
Thanks

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR4 2014 is having issues with the ECO mode.
It is not working, and the light is more often than not on, displaying eco mode no available.
Now I've read where a lot of folks don't care for this feature at all. I've read how to bypass this mode altogether. My question is this. Why is this light on? Why isn't this function available to me? Do I need to take it in for service? I read somewhere to do a hard reset. Will that void any extended warranty? If not, how simple a procedure it?
Thanks
More than likely the battery that is dedicated to that feature is low or dead. If you take it in they'll fix it with no problem. You can tackle it on your own, but why when you have a warranty.

howardduff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my 2015 LR4 in Dec. 2014. The ECO only worked when the temperature was high enough the first winter, and worked all summer. It didn't work much the second winter which I felt as due to the temperature. Once spring came it still wasn't working so I took it to the dealer. They had to replace the small battery for the ECO it wouldn't charge above the 70% threshold. I am waiting to get thru this winter to see how it works.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2016 lr4 ECO mode stopped working because of a humidity sensor failure, and a software update requirement. All fixed now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4