Electric start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgrodz

Reaction score
Has anyone ever added an electric start? My mom purchased one for my wife for our MDX, but we never got around to putting it on. Now that we just bought the LR4, we're gonna return it. I spoke to the dealer yesterday and they strongly suggested we don't add one to the truck.

Would love to hear from anyone that has heard this or experienced putting one on? Thanks guys.

Shawn

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
I'm assuming that when you say "electric start" you mean remote start.

I've had them on older cars. On an older car it is a tedious installation. On a new car it would be downright daunting. Aside from the wiring required to start the car, you have the issue of the LR4 key fob needing to be present and the brake pedal needing to be depressed in order for the car to start. It might be possible to bypass the brake pedal switch, but I don't know how you are going to get around the fob issue. There's also the rest of the anti-theft system to consider. I have no idea what's involved there. I suppose anything is possible given enough time, know-how, and money (I think the know-how will be the rarest of the three). But getting around all the electronic gizmos on the LR4 will certainly drive up the cost-to-benefit ratio.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635