engine light goes on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

rmedina

help....i bought my 2006 lr3 hse on dec. 25.
by 300 miles engine light went on. sent it to dealer (200 miles away) by truck.
dealer told me they cleaned the injectors.
three days later i had it back. 20 miles later, the light went on again.

now the light goes on and off every couple of hours.

dealer tells me to send the car again, but i want to wait until the 3000 miles service....

any advice,,,please.

otherwise the lr3 drives great

ricardo medina
cancun, mexico

X

xcursion

I am not sure if you want to drive around with the engine warning light on for ~2800 miles. I would suggest you take it in to the dealer yourself, look around their facility, talk to them and get a feel of their technical skills (or lack of). If they don't take care of you, maybe look around for an alternative dealer. I know it could be further away, but if they can take care of your problem, maybe its worth it?

S

shod

my check engine light turned out to be a minor leak in the evap system (was told it has to do with emmissions and has so impact on performace)

R

rmedina

shod said:
my check engine light turned out to be a minor leak in the evap system (was told it has to do with emmissions and has so impact on performace)
thanks for tip....i´ll check it

S

sgllr3

Got the check engine light. 06 LR3 LUX/HD, ~2200 miles.

Less than a month ago, the car stopped dead on the freeway (separate post). They replaced the gas tank and rebooted a bunch of software.

The upside is that I have 3 dealers near me. For the sake of convenience, today I took the car to the nearest dealer, not the one I bought the car from. The service guy was nice and very accommodating. He gave us an LR3 loaner (05 SE V8), because the rental co. they use just bought a fleet. He even installed the car seats while I did the paperwork. Why? I think competition, and the dealership is brand spankin' new. That was excellent customer service.

I'll let you know what the light means this time when they fix it.

R

rmedina

thanks,,,,,the news i have on my LR3, is that it has two oxygen sensors,,,the dealer
changed both of them, and now the fault is gone. they are testing my truck and i am supposed to pick it up on wensday. i´ll let you know the continuation of my story.

S

schafari

"the truck has two oxygen sensors. . ." Not that it has anything to do with your fix, but actually the LR3 has four O2 sensors. Two pre and two post cat.

L

lr305

Most of check engine light (mil) related to OBD-II sensor, which ensures total gaseous emission below the the regulated limits, e.g., fuel cap, oxygen sensor malfunction etc. In these cases, driving the vehicle will not have any problem, only emits pollutants more than what limits are. In other cases (minority), the mil light means something is wrong, e.g., engine misfiring, which may cause engine damage. I had worked on OBD-II sensor before, but no experience on how to determine the former or later cases. Just for your information.

S

sgllr3

I have my car back. I'm always happy to have my car back.

Aparently, the battery wasn't working/charging properly. The last time LR had it in the shop (at a different dealer), they let the battery go dead. They said they recharged it, but obviously it wasn't up to *****. This recent dealer said they looked for possible drains/energy saps, but found none. Now I have a new battery.

I am happy!... until my next separation.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge