EPB Replacement Done!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I haven't seen a post of anyone replacing there EPB themselves so I thought I would post it...Mine failed but not in the usual manner. I had a drive motor inverter over temperature fault. After trying several times over the course of a week to clear it I gave up and bought a new actuator. For me I had to remove my second gas tank first. next comes the disassembly of each parkbrake assembly. To get to the actuator I also had to remove the gastank heat shield and the evaporative emissions canister/pump. With all that crap out of the way I could know see the epb actuator. At this point I called it a day and had a friend come help with the actual pulling of the actuator so we could both remember the routing of the cables (3 of them!!). With the old one out I transferred the mount bracket to the new one and did the reverse of removal. With all the pieces back together I did the park brake adjustment. The new actuator also requires a "longitudinal accelerometer calibration" which can be done with my faultmate. I really hope I never have to do another epb module because even though it sounds easy it isn't. The module is actually sandwiched between the frame and body (Pretty sure this was put in before the body went on) Looking at all the clips on the lines and the casting date it appears as if Mine still had the original module at 63k! Took about 16 hours.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I haven't seen a post of anyone replacing there EPB themselves so I thought I would post it.../QUOTE]

Sounds like that FM is worth the investment. Thanks for the info. I have a feeling my actuator or brake needs some attention. Having some rubbing and had a pop one day after releasing the parking brake. Thanks again Ryan.

Trynian

Reaction score
Nice work Ryan, hope I dont have to get into that one.

jazzy_james

Reaction score
Man, is that why it's costing me $1772.84 to repair the parking brake actuator at the dealership?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90