EpicLR4's 2014 LR4 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question around the WeatherTech mats is what is the texture of the plastic/rubber used on them? Are they plastic? Or Rubber?

I can't stand plastic mats where my feet slide across them. I prefer the rubber mats that are somewhat sticky in mature so that my heel is not sliding as I press the pedal down.

I agree. I like the same kind of mat you do. I purchased WeatherTech mats before for another vehicle and ended up sending them right back. They were too "plastic" for my taste. I have a friend that swears by WeatherTech and keeps them in all his vehicles, so I understand their popularity. They just aren't for me.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My question around the WeatherTech mats is what is the texture of the plastic/rubber used on them? Are they plastic? Or Rubber?

I can't stand plastic mats where my feet slide across them. I prefer the rubber mats that are somewhat sticky in mature so that my heel is not sliding as I press the pedal down.
The WeatherTechs fit really nice, but the OEM mats definitely have the rubber feeling it sounds like you want.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback all.
I also like the rubber mat more than the slick plastic-y feel.
I want to get a rubber mat for the trunk space too, would like some opinions for that.

Is the raised edge (looks like a low profile bowl) mat a good fit or are there spaces where it's not flush with the edge of the vehicle?
I'm not worried about liquid, the purpose for me will be more so about stopping stuff from sliding around and having a good fit/finish.

I also plan to have the 3rd row seats down most of the time, do any of you have a rubber mat that extends to cover that as well?

Also regarding loadspace covers (having a hard time finding these online), I like this in my current Santa Fe and want one for my LR4 (if nothing else it'll hide my sub on a daily basis).
What color is the OEM one (I'm getting ivory leather seats)?
And how does it work with the 3rd seats being up or down?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have full OEM (front, 2nd row, and loadspace) and it definitely a tacky rubber feel. I love em, despite the price!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4