EpicLR4's 2014 LR4 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 LR4 Build Thread

For everyone who is getting or has gotten a 2014 LR4.

Vehicle Details:
2014 LR4
Fuji / Arabica
Lux Package
HD Package
Sat Radio
Vision Assist

Admin's if you could change the thread title to simply say "2014 LR4 Build Thread".

Attachments

• IMG_3331_WEB.jpg
    IMG_3331_WEB.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great. I'm excited for you. I know you were hoping for the Black Package but I think this looks really good and, as others on this forum have done, you'll be able to create your own at some point in the future if you want.

Also interested in your impressions of the Arabica interior. My wife and I are heading down to our dealer in a few minutes to see a Corris Gray Lux w/ Arabica interior that they have on the floor waiting for the new owner to come pick it up. We may switch our interior choice to Arabic rather than Almond. I am thinking the darker seats may hold up better.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations - looks beautiful. I am happy it worked out for you.

danrhiggins, I absolutely love the Arabica interior and it really holds up well. It is a beautiful combination of the light dash and dark seats/trim.

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My order should go in this week

2014 LR4 HSE
Ipanema Sand (or Indus Silver, if I change my mind)
Almond interior
Heavy Duty Package; Full size spare, Locking Rear Differential, 2 speed transfer case
Vision Assist Package; excellent safety features inside
Climate Comfort Package; for those cool mornings in the Colorado Rockies

They switched the wheels around in MY2014. Unfortunately, I like the 7 spoke wheels on the 2013 HSE; and they now have them on the LUX.
The dealer said he'd try to order the LUX wheels, but thinks he may not have that option.....

Now I just need to be patient for 4 months.
Oh, my dealer just got the 2014 LR4 brochures in; good photos.
More photos here: http://www.leftlanenews.com/new-car-buying/land-rover/lr4/

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, you may want to contact the system administrators to perhaps make this thread a "sticky". I had made three threads "stickies" before, but a few folks have not been able to get in touch with them.

Gmosley

Reaction score
LUX
Black Package
HD package (had to confirm this came with a full size black wheel)
Vision Assist Package
Corris/Ebony

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does getting a full size spare with the HD package effect the 3rd row seat? If it is a bigger tire then I was wondering does the cavity get bigger and take away leg room. Anyone know?

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does getting a full size spare with the HD package effect the 3rd row seat? If it is a bigger tire then I was wondering does the cavity get bigger and take away leg room. Anyone know?

The HD package doesn't effect anything with interior space. There is a spare there no matter what. The full size does hang down a little farther than the doughnut of course.

Last edited:

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My order went in today. Hurray! June 10 scheduled delivery date.
Does anyone know if the order document is available online, such that I can track changes to the dates?

Also, in the detailed build list, I noticed mention of a scissors jack. Is that right? They supply a scissors jack for an LR4? My Disco II has a hydraulic bottle jack....

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to hear you got your order placed!

I'm starting to think we need to create a new thread for just 2014 deliveries.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99