EpicLR4's 2014 LR4 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll have to rely on your dealer for build updates, don't think there is a way of checking your order in real time online. And yes, you only get a cheapo scissors jack with the LR4 (although it works, in a pinch.)

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Umbertob.
I'm surprised Land Rover supplies a scissors jack; esp for such a heavy vehicle. Ever have one strip out? It ain't pretty....
But a hydro bottle jack is fairly cheap.
Anyway, looking forward to the new LR4. I enjoyed the test drive. It's quite a machine.

silvajt

Reaction score
Vehicle Details:
2014 LR4 HSE
-Fuji White
-Almond
-Climate Comfort
-HD Package
Build date 04 March. Estimated delivery late March/early April (being delivered to Germany;Military Sales Program

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Details:
2014 LR4 HSE
-Fuji White
-Almond
-Climate Comfort
-HD Package
Build date 04 March. Estimated delivery late March/early April (being delivered to Germany;Military Sales Program

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Awesome! Congratulations.

silvajt

Reaction score
Awesome! Congratulations.

Thanks. Looking forward to hitting the road and trails. Had to sell my '07 LR3 before moving to Germany a few years back and have missed it everyday since. Happy to be bringing this one back to the States.

First mod I'm thinking of upon delivery is swapping out the body-colored wheel arches for the textured black ones. Some Euro spec Discovery 4's are available with the black wheel arches, even the 14MY Discovery. I like the look of it. Has anybody on the forum done this?

Dubroz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About to place an order for a my14 corris gray, ebony, hd pack, black pack, 3rd row.

Best I could do is $1k off msrp, thoughts anyone, is that ok?

(If this question isn't allowed, I'll edit and remove)

zenphx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you may have done pretty well. I only managed $600 off MSRP.
The dealer made it clear that for now, based on demand, they're selling at MSRP.
I checked with another dealer and it was the same.
I signed the order and put a deposit down, so my negotiating position may be gone, but I'm going to try to wrangle an accessory or two. The LR4 doesn't come with any roof rails for instance. Most SUV's do. It'd be nice if they threw those in. But I'm not holding my breath on that.....

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's OK, but I think you may do a little better for a vehicle that's not exactly flying off the shelves. I guess it depends on your market and how much competition is nearby, here in SoCal I was able to negotiate about $4K off list for my special ordered 2013 last year, but I have a half dozen LR dealers within 50 miles of my house...

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in Colorado I'm not getting anything out of the dealers. The dealer I like the most is strictly MSRP plus $200 (D&H and stuff). The other dealer is part of a larger conglomerate but even they are not willing to budge on a special order. Not flying off the lot? Depends on what you want. They have an abundance of HSEs with black interiors and white or black or light gray exterior. Nothing with the heavy duty package, a LUX is very rare. So to get a LUX with HD, Vision, etc. you need to order. And orders are lined up for 3-4 months. Not much negotiating room when that's the case.

Umberto, I wonder when you ordered your 2013. I wonder if they were more ramped up at that point. But it is hard to negotiate when there is such a line for special orders.

BTW, my order is a LUX w/ Corris Gray, Arabica, Heavy Duty, Vision, Sat.

They had one with these same specs plus rear entertainment and 20" diamond turned wheels that came available for one day (the person who had ordered it decided they wanted something different) and it sold almost immediately for MSRP ($69K). I would have done it if not for the $3K 20" wheels.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to do a little better than you guys. I think I should have gotten a little more for my trade but even at that I would be favorable to you guys who are paying MSRP or just off of that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4