Everything about tires for LR4/ LR3 with 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brandon:

I need an update from you on how those 275/65's are fitting for you. I sliced a stock conti tire this morning while wheeling and am going to have to move the wheels and tires up on the to-do list.

How much rubbing are you having?

Would there be anyway to run these full time without your Johnson Rods?

Thanks!

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brandon:

I need an update from you on how those 275/65's are fitting for you. I sliced a stock conti tire this morning while wheeling and am going to have to move the wheels and tires up on the to-do list.

How much rubbing are you having?

Would there be anyway to run these full time without your Johnson Rods?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay. 275/65's definitely need Rods.. and even then, there will be some rubbing. Had to modify the frame horns and wheel well liners up front. No modifications needed in the back (probably because my offset helps). Not exactly "easy" but it's do-able. They are still rubbing in one spot on the liner behind the front wheels, but I haven't had the time to address everything.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. 275/65's definitely need Rods.. and even then, there will be some rubbing. Had to modify the frame horns and wheel well liners up front. No modifications needed in the back (probably because my offset helps). Not exactly "easy" but it's do-able. They are still rubbing in one spot on the liner behind the front wheels, but I haven't had the time to address everything.

Good deal. I think I have decided to be reasonable and stick to the 265/65 for a couple different reasons.

Glad you enjoyed my Instagram pictures from this weekend. I will get some more posted. The one picture down the hill was me coming down the line with the sliced tire.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal. I think I have decided to be reasonable and stick to the 265/65 for a couple different reasons.

Glad you enjoyed my Instagram pictures from this weekend. I will get some more posted. The one picture down the hill was me coming down the line with the sliced tire.

Sounds good. I would recommend 265/65's to most, though like I said, 275/65's are do-able. The difference between AT's and MT's is night and day. And yes, great pics! Too bad about the sliced Conti.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I would recommend 265/65's to most, though like I said, 275/65's are do-able. The difference between AT's and MT's is night and day. And yes, great pics! Too bad about the sliced Conti.

I think after seeing what guys were running this weekend I am going to run the 265/65 Toyo AT2 tire. I don't think anyone here has tried those yet from what I have seen so I guess I'll be the guinea pig.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think after seeing what guys were running this weekend I am going to run the 265/65 Toyo AT2 tire. I don't think anyone here has tried those yet from what I have seen so I guess I'll be the guinea pig.

Steve runs 285/60 AT2's. Toyos are great.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steve runs 285/60 AT2's. Toyos are great.

Which one is Steve? I think he was actually at the event. Is he from Florida? In a black (forget the color, metallic) LR4 with Compo's?

If so, he had a nasty run in with a Range Rover Classic. Quarter panel and hood dented in. Not good.

But he said he had 40K miles on his and they looked new! Said they were super quite on the street and did well off-road.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which one is Steve? I think he was actually at the event. Is he from Florida? In a black (forget the color, metallic) LR4 with Compo's?

If so, he had a nasty run in with a Range Rover Classic. Quarter panel and hood dented in. Not good.

But he said he had 40K miles on his and they looked new! Said they were super quite on the street and did well off-road.

Yep that's him! Heard about his run-in with the RRC. Ouch!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635