Exterior LEDs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThinkDima

Reaction score
Hi,

i tried searching for it, but didn't come up with anything useful.
I'm thinking of switching most of the exterior lights to LEDs and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it?

i'm interested in all turn signals (front, middle one on the door, and back)
Tail/brake light - i've seen a couple, but the are dimmer then stock bulbs, especially don't want to end up with some that are barely noticeable when applying brakes vs tail lights just being on. Anyone know of a really good one? (without switching to LR4 lights)
reverse light (should also be bright)

i'm looking for something that will be as bright or brighter then stock. not throw any errors and last longer then the bulbs (especially brakes)

Thank you guys for the info. this forum is awesome :)

ThinkDima

Reaction score
Thanks. i've read quite a few posts there, but was wondering if there's anything in US?
Don't really want to pay £55.00 ($86.00) for shipping...

Also i didn't see much pictures to understand what LED actually look like on D3.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced all my interior bulbs with LED's and a few bulbs on the exterior. I've added drl halo lights to my fogs to match my adaptive headlights, leds to my license plate and reverse lights. Going to do my front turn signal next. I've added some pics below.

Attachments

• drllights.jpg
    drllights.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 33
  • lights1.jpg
    lights1.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 37
  • lights2.jpg
    lights2.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 33

ThinkDima

Reaction score
@Mx468 Thanks for posting some pics.
have a few questions for you.
which LEDs did you use for reverse lights? and where you got them from?
are you planning to swap your tail/brake lights as well?

Thanks! Looking good :)

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Mx468 Thanks for posting some pics.
have a few questions for you.
which LEDs did you use for reverse lights? and where you got them from?
are you planning to swap your tail/brake lights as well?

Thanks! Looking good :)
These are the ones I got for the interior
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-T10-505...Bulb-DC-12V-/121284257587?hash=item1c3d1ae733
and these are the ones for reverse lights.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1156-BA15S-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cec803af9&vxp=mtr

ThinkDima

Reaction score
Thank you. The ones for reverse look huge. Did they fit ok? Any issues with them?

Last edited:

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues they work great. They're really bright and great when using the remote in conjunction with the follow me home lights.

ThinkDima

Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks!
did you change you brake lights too?

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, didn't want to mess with them especially with all the computer problems these LR3's get from just a faulty brake light. I just use the oems. Also couldn't justify shelling out over $400 just for led lR4 brake lights. I could think of 20 other things I could use that money for on my LR3. If you do switch to lr4 brake lights, you will need to add a resister. Google LR4 rear brake lights on a LR3, theres tons of info about doing the switch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo