F@#*%$# Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62Sunbeam

So I called my local dealer (Hornberg Jag & LR) here in LA about the gas tank recall and I asked: While you have the tank out and fule pump removed could you please check the pump to make sure it's putting out enough pressure and if bad replace it? They said sure, it will be an additional $120 to check the pump and IF bad an additional $850 to replace it.

$970 to replace a $350 fuel pump they have to uninstall and reinstall anyway.

THEY"VE GOT TO BE F@#$%^&* Kidding!!!

I had two BMWs and whenever there was something that could be done while another service was being undertaken they'd do it for the cost of the new part and maybe $25.00.

I'd rather set my Disco on fire in the dealer parking lot before I'd shell out that kind of money for something so simple.

They're not doing much to earn my brand loyalty either considering my disco will need to be replace sooner than later.

Eric

M

MightyMax

i feel your pain...i only have 1 LR dealership on the island i live on and the service from them is the same way. I have found a nicer dealer...but they are a ferry ride and 2 hour drive away....but honestly well worth the drive. I would try going around to different LR dealers....there are some really nice LR service managers out there.

W

wsy

You got shafted.

The land rover dealer here (Land Rover Metro West, in Sudbury MA) was perfectly
willing to swap pumps while doing the fuel tank recall. And I didn't even have to buy
the pump from them! (got it from Rovers North two weeks before the recall hit
because the pump was geetting noisy anyway.

Total charge: parts- $0.00. Labor: $0.00.

Two scraped-knuckles thumbs up.

-Bill Yerazunis

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the same problem with the dealership here is St. Louis. I'll never step foot in the place again. They told me I needed a entirely new side view mirror when someone hit it. Only the bracket was broken I think they wanted 160 to fix it. Called atlantic british for the part they help me pinpoint the problem. $2.49 plus shipping. Dealerships are a joke.

I

iggywanna

Guess thats the price we pay for having one of the best trucks on earth....ass dealers and high prices...lol
E

V

vanhorn4philly

i dont like my dealership people here in charlotte. they're rude as anything and take foooooooorever on even the most simple of jobs. i found a new place to take my disco but no reason to go there until my warranty runs out.

L

landroverxd

Recalls?

what specific recall are you talking about...where is the best place to find out if I have recalls on my Disco Series I XD?

S

scp51502

Great Repair Shop

i have a Great Friend that owns Repair Shop that Repairs Land Rovers and JAGS. so if anyone of you who live in Southern CA go to a shop in Riverside Call Inland Rovers http://www.inlandrovers.com/ speak to the owner name Gordon. and say Eric Nguyen 909-496-1077 refer you for a good price on labor and parts

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4