Failed emissions - no faults

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title mentions, 2013 LR4 failed Massachusetts inspection for emissions. I figured it would be a bad O2 sensor, but IID Tool shows no faults.

Any thoughts?

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I was going by what my wife told me. It seems it says the vehicle is not ready because it recently was reset. I don’t recall doing any work that would have caused that reset. I guess for now I’ll drive it more and try again.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, coincidentally, the BT phone connection acted up big time just now. I’m thinking that it’s the 5.5-year old battery acting up. I’ll replace that and see.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes my BT connection acts up and I'll turn up the volume but don't hear ****. Then if I get it working I have that **** blasting ear piercingly loud. I've learned when I don't hear audio, don't keep turning it up lol. If there was a number that I could use for a volume level that would be helpful.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes my BT connection acts up and I'll turn up the volume but don't hear ****. Then if I get it working I have that **** blasting ear piercingly loud. I've learned when I don't hear audio, don't keep turning it up lol. If there was a number that I could use for a volume level that would be helpful.
Yeah, but this was way more than that. My son called and i could hear the ringing via the car but nothing showed up on the screen. I hit the button on the wheel and I could hear him talk but he could not hear me. Nothing like that has ever happened. That it happened a day after allegedly the car was reset is too much of a coincidence. There has been plenty of reports that when weird electrical gremlins appear, it is a sign that the battery is on its way out. Like I said, despite being a good battery and having put low miles in the car, it is about 5.5 years old. The safe play is to get a new one since I am due anyway, drive it 100 miles and go back to the inspection station.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a setting in the infotainment to show the volume numerical value. It's either under system or audio. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll find it on my car and let you know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72