Fan switch replacement. Where to find switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not want to replace the entire a/c and heating control unit if I do not absolutely have to. I consider this a challenge to me from Land Rover.

The switch is stuck on 4...fan not running, of course. It stopped working when it jammed in that position. I took the dash apart, lots of fun, took the a/c control unit completely apart to access the switch. Switch pulled from unit, switch taken apart and cleaned, contact points look great now. Couldn't see the reason for it sticking in position 4, and it worked fine after cleaning and reassembly...so I refitted it. It's stuck in position 4 again, after a day of 'working'. Working is a loose term, as position 3 has not worked for about a year.

The switch said Siemens on it. I cannot, for the life of me, find any Siemens automotive switches on teh intarwebb! Any ideas? This has to be a replaceable item. I cannot fathom it being a separate piece from the a/c unit and still not being replaceable. Every place such as AB/BP/Roverconnection/DAP/etc so far gives no results other than to buy the entire unit. I will try the dealer when it is open.

I have emailed Siemens. Hope to get a reply. Any suggestions?

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would take it to Napa or similar and have them match it to a part that you can get.

J

joancmi

Did you get your switch fixed? If so please share what you had to do...mine has done the same...thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
joancmi, if you just need to get a newer switch i.e. used. Contact "Will Tillery" at www.roverguy.com

If you trying to do what he was doing above, it may be a lot more work involved.

J

joancmi

I think I can get the switch, but mine in also stuck in the 4th position and will not budge...I was just wondering if once "Jeff Discos" replaced his, did he end up needing any other parts or if it was indeed only the switch.....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I hope he stops back by... he hasn't been on the site since 06 Nov 06

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99