Far away from dealers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zjz

Reaction score
I'm thinking about a LR4 but it seems that the nearest dealer is 2 hours away from where I live. I've heard that LRs are not very reliable and may have issues every now and then. Now I'm worried that I will have to drive hours to the dealers frequently if I buy a LR4. What do you think?

Thanks

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't have a dealer in my town; the closest is about an hour away. I'm not sure if it really matters if you are on the side of the road 5 miles or 75 miles away from the dealer, it still sucks.

I am hopfull that most of the bugs are worked out of the truck now that the LR3 has been in service for quite a few years. The LR4 was suppose to be an improvment on it in many ways.

Good luck with your purchase!

Rob

zjz

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't have a dealer in my town; the closest is about an hour away. I'm not sure if it really matters if you are on the side of the road 5 miles or 75 miles away from the dealer, it still sucks.

I am hopfull that most of the bugs are worked out of the truck now that the LR3 has been in service for quite a few years. The LR4 was suppose to be an improvment on it in many ways.

Good luck with your purchase!

Rob

Thanks for your opinion. In the other post, you said you got the price of 55,000. Does it include the tax or not?

Thanks

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We have to pay our taxes here in Nebraska. I will get dinged for every dollar spent on the new LR4 minus our trade in. I'm on the hook for 7% sales tax on the new truck plus over $800 in licensing and other various wheel/road tax. Our dealers don't normally take care of this expense for us.

I know some areas get to pay a reduced sales tax on car purchases and only have to pay $50-60 to license a car every 2 years or so. Nebraska isn't like that. I will pay the full sales tax and every year, I will get to pay around $800 just for the privilage for owning a car here. It will reduce every year as smally bit; maybe $40 or so. My wifes new Lexus cost us $680 the first year, then $640 and this year is was just a hair over $600. Next year I will be in the $560 range. Similar reductions will happen with the LR.

Good luck!

Rob

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wrong with my number: I just got back from the DMV here in Lincoln. I had to pay over $1100 just for owning my car within the state of Nebraska, taxes were additional to that based on 7% sales tax and the other crap they tack on.. I will get to pay a similar number next year. This represents the property tax based on an MSRP of $58,615. She said Escaldes are hit even harder.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge