Finally in my Garage!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just brought her home. So much reading to do tonight of the owner's manual. Can't wait!

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase! Any pictures of your new beast?

Rob

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I did take some last night but the lighting was bad in my garage and it was dark outside. I plan on taking more today. I will try to get a couple up here. The UI for some of the touch screen features isn't super intuitive. I was able to get my SAT radio set up but there doesn't seem to be a good way to scroll through the channels. What I have found is that you can "Seek" through the channels of a particular category but then have to change categories to "Seek" through more channels. Not the end of the world just different than what I'm used to. Paired my phone (Droid X) with the bluetooth and it seemed to be working perfectly. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE driving it.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! By the way where do you recommend getting accessory parts? I'm talking about all weather rubber floor mats and iPod cable first. I have seen people talk about British Parts of Utah. Any other suggestions or feedback if you have ordered from this company before. The dealership would not comp them and said that they didn't even have them in stock in the service dept. I'm not ruling out driving to the other dealership about 30 min away if they have them in stock. Depending on price difference between a third party company and dealership which I know will be higher.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! By the way where do you recommend getting accessory parts? I'm talking about all weather rubber floor mats and iPod cable first. I have seen people talk about British Parts of Utah. Any other suggestions or feedback if you have ordered from this company before. The dealership would not comp them and said that they didn't even have them in stock in the service dept. I'm not ruling out driving to the other dealership about 30 min away if they have them in stock. Depending on price difference between a third party company and dealership which I know will be higher.

I also have a 3 week old LR4. I ordered through carpartsestore.com. Prices were great - 30% cheaper than dealer quotes and shipping was free. Can't ask for more. From what it looks like, these are genuine LR parts.
I ordered ipod cable, rubber mats and cargo space rubber mat.
Now I plan on ordering sill plates and roof rails.

eaglerover

Reaction score
Land rover rocklin...google it....for your iPod cable...you won't beat their online price...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just brought her home. So much reading to do tonight of the owner's manual. Can't wait!
Congratulations! Awesome!!! I also need to order some mats and the iPod cable, as my dealership in San Jose, CA said it is backordered almost permanently.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Awesome!!! I also need to order some mats and the iPod cable, as my dealership in San Jose, CA said it is backordered almost permanently.

I looked at a couple of different websites selling LR parts and accessories and you can definitely find them cheaper. However, I didn't want to wait so I went to the other dealership in my area and they had both items in stock. I paid dealer price which wasn't cool. Don't know how many dealerships are in your area but it might be worth a shot to call around and see if any of them have what you want in stock. Or the online sources if you want to get them a little cheaper and wait a few days;

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at a couple of different websites selling LR parts and accessories and you can definitely find them cheaper. However, I didn't want to wait so I went to the other dealership in my area and they had both items in stock. I paid dealer price which wasn't cool. Don't know how many dealerships are in your area but it might be worth a shot to call around and see if any of them have what you want in stock. Or the online sources if you want to get them a little cheaper and wait a few days;

I gt my LR4 in February and haven't really needed the iPod cable as I usually just listen to the radio. However, it would be nice to have one in case I want to listen.

I have 3 dealerships within 30 miles. Luckily!

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635