First time poster, long time viewer...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rovingreid

Reaction score
Hello all whom love Rovers...I'm happy to be aboard!
In saying that I have my 1st question for you guys. I would like to know the parts I will need for a good tune-up, my vehicle is a 2001 disco se7 and also if it's something a do-it-yourselfer can do?
Thank you in advance for your input

rovingreid

Reaction score
Sorry for posting my question in the intro forum...bonehead mistake

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
easy do it yourself job, but it helps to know the mileage

Welcome aboard.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Depending on what may or may not have been done in the past.. I would look at plugs champion platinums, Wires, Air filter if needed. Obviously oil and filter... I would also change the transmission fluid, and transfer case oil, plus the front and rear diff oil. Best to go all synthetic if you can.

then depending on how much of a back yard mechanic you are... all the hoses and thermostat, as well as the S-belt. While your there I would change the s-belt tensioner (they tent to fail). I would also look into changing the U-joints on the drive shaft if they haven't already been replaced by greasable units.

Hope this helps.

rovingreid

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Joey...
I had the fluids all changed not long ago by an independent LR mechanic here in CT.
Will swapping out the plugs and belt be difficult or should I just let him do it at the garage?
Thanks again

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on how good a back yard mechanic you are... if you would say changing brake pads and rotors is not a big deal, I would say go for it... if you thing that would be hard for you to do.. then let someone else do it...

I am helping a guy here In the Cincinnati area basically do the same work... it took me almost 1.5 hours just to get the hoses off, since the heater core hoses had never been changed and had almost glued themselves to the pipes... big pain.

You also want to make sure you buy some good hose clamps otherwise it is a waste of time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99